We're kicking off the 2018 Summer Photo Meet-Up Season with the legendary Gunnison Nude Beach, in New Jersey. It's a bit of a trek to get out there but it's well worth it to experience the only legal nude beach in the area!
Here is information about the Sandy Hook Ferry, which leaves from Wall Street and East 35th Street. After taking the Seastreak to Sandy Hook Beach, take a school bus to Gunnison Beach. We'll meet by the sign that says: BEYOND THIS POINT YOU MAY ENCOUNTER NUDE SUNBATHERS.
Here is a good Thrillist article about getting there. For those of you interested in carpooling, we created this Google Spreadsheet to connect you! If you carpool, please be nice, bring snacks, gas money for the person driving, or be sure to split the cost of the Taxi / Lyft / Car rental before even leaving for the beach!
Please be on time, we wait about 30 minutes before leaving for places to shoot. We tend to roam and we sometimes split off into smaller groups.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER:
- You are responsible for getting to the location and back home. There are a lot of different ways to travel and please make sure to plan your route before the day-of
- Be respectful of the other people in the area, they must consent before appearing in your photos, even if it's in the background. Please err on the side of caution and politeness!
PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING:
- something easy to take off (models)
- extra bags for moving clothes and props from location to location
- ideas! Look at the Instagram accounts, artwork, and porn that inspires you!
- cash, from the boat to the beach there are some vendors along the way
- pseudonym (if you know you don't want to use your real name please have a fake one ready for paperwork)
- an ID, for paperwork, and everyone will have veto power afterward
- friends! Bring friends!
Want to know what to expect? Here are some of the amazing photos from past meet-ups ...